One morning last week, another paralegal and I were the only ones there at 6:30am. She and I began talking about something, after the conversation I complimented her nailpolish. She said it was called "Private Wine Cellar". I loved it and gushed about it. Much different and less goth than my typical Stella-shiny-black nailpolish. The next morning, at 6:30, I got to my desk, was flipping on my lamp, my computer, my radio, and there in front of me, with a red bow, was a bottle of "Private Wine Cellar". This little act of kindness made me smile for the rest of the day. I painted my nails immediately:)
The past week has been a whirlwind. Some of my best friends; The Littles aka My Family Circus, came in town last Sunday and stayed at my house for the week. Instead of paying for a hotel. Lauren just moved out, so her room was vacant, and it seemed to work out perfectly. I did like the company. Mike and Keisha, and their petting zoo of children; Olivia age 11, Madison age 3 (4 in January) and Aidan age 18 months. What a week! I was sad to see them go. Although, I'm quite sure the dogs were not. 3 adults, 3 children and 3 dogs in my tiny 900- square foot house! Last Sunday night we went to Briarcliff Village for a holiday celebration. It was so neat; there were choirs and bands and Santa and Mrs. Claus for pictures with the kids. We hung out for awhile, and ate dinner at The Cafe at Briarcliff.
We did our own thing for the most part, yet it was always nice to know I was either coming home to someone, or someone (The Family Circus) was coming home to me.
I took a PTO day today, because I had to use it or lose it. Gosh. Poor me. A day off. Actually, I'm quite bored. I've cleaned, put up my Christmas tree and decroations, baked, played with the dogs, emailed people, and now, am blogging. I definitely couldn't do this everyday! I am looking forward to going back to work!
I LOVE this season. Love it. Saturday morning when we (The Family Circus, The Estlund Petting Zoo, and me) woke up, it was snowing! I loved it. And again, yesterday morning it was snowing. It's so beautiful! I took a picture of the dogs outside and sent it to people just because its too funny seeing them during the first snowfall.
I'm going to a girlfriends house for dinner tonight, and taking the chocolate chip cookies I baked earlier today.
I'm on the 4th book of the Twilight series. I'm reading really slowly because I dont want the series to end. Everything that I'd hoped would happen, has happened, but it's almost like I wasn't quite ready yet for everything to happen...?!?! I've read over 2000 pages of Twilight and I still needed more time! Do I have commitment issues?
One of my good friends just moved out of her marriage/house/situation and under my recommendation, looked at my old apartment complex. She called me Friday night, she had moved in that day! So Saturday afternoon I went over to see her and her daughter, and ended up visiting for several hours. She (my friend) is one of the, if not THE, biggest animal rescuer in the KC Metro area. Its always nice to see a happy ending for someone who gives so much of herself to animals. Or, anything for that matter. I am so excited for her. It must be bittersweet, leaving the only life you have known for 20 years however she is starting out, brand new, whatever she wants to make of her life.
This week is going to be crazy. I joined/am in the process of pledging a service/social sorority. I've been to 3 events so far. I love the girls. (I guess at this age, we're women huh?) They're all so wonderful. I believe there are 13 or 14 in the group. It's a very very tightly-knit group and I'm just so happy they want me to be a part of it. This Thursday we're having our first "pledge training" and its at my house. The Crazy Dog House. Then, next Wednesday we have a dinner for the sisters, and the following Saturday we have a dance with Marines for Toys for Tots - to raise money and toys. What a great organization! They've adopted charities from Toys for Tots, to Coats for Kids, and we are adopting a classroom of underpriviledged kids for Christmas. The month of March, 2009, they've adopted SNKC:)
Still haven't decided if I am going to get a roommate or a second job, but something has to happen sooner than later. I'm taking my cable box and wireless modem to Time Warner this afternoon. I am cutting things out that I dont need! I'm thinking about Starbucks or Barnes & Noble. Starbucks, at least, I couldn't spend any money while working there. Barnes & Noble...not so much.
My Aunt is coming in town this weekend; a bunch of us girls are going to Zona Rosa for lunch and to walk around on Saturday afternoon. I'm looking forward to it. I love stuff like that, especially around the holidays.
Now that you can eat off my floors, see your reflection in my walls, and count the vacuum lines in my carpet, I think I may scrub my baseboards....
Happy December!!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's a happy time for you and I am so glad Sarah! You deserve every minute of it!!!
Post a Comment