Thursday, August 27, 2009

He's the One

His name is Kurt. Our first date was on a Sunday afternoon at Latte Land in Briarcliff Village. He was already there when I walked in, and he was walking toward me. We hugged and he explained the water all over his shirt was from when the faucet exploded on him in the bathroom. I thought, 'he washes his hands!'

Just kidding.

Actually my first thought was he kind of reminded me of one of my favorite Uncles, my Uncle Steve, he also reminded me of my brother who I adore. And he also just knocked the wind out of me.

He understands, accepts and adores me. He loves the fact that I am the crazy dog lady. He is supportive and passionate and sweet and smart and so hysterically funny.

Honestly though it took me awhile to know he was The One. I think I was scared. No, I know I was scared. Every time I have gotten close to someone and let my guard down they disappoint me so I just assumed it would happen this time. Nothing. There is nothing about him that I dont love. He is absolutely wonderful.

He knew sooner than I did that this was it. Or maybe I knew but just couldn't believe it finally had happened. I guess I never thought I would feel this way again.

His name is Kurt. And I heart him.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

Oh my gosh! You are adorable! I love hearing you write like this. You are so passionate!