Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just a really good day

Today was a long day. A good, fulfilling and productive day; yet a very long and hard day. I finally got home at 7:30pm (left home at 6am this morning). I fed and watered the dogs, gave them Greenies to chew on, made some hot tea, ran a hot bath, and began to relax. I was soaking in the Sweet Pea bubble bath, listening to Norah Jones on my iPod, relaxing....and then....

PLOP.

WTF??

Stella was sitting, staring at me, next to the tub. She had dropped her tennis ball. In the tub.

CDL. CDL. CDL. (If you are close to me, you know what this means).

My friend Steve, who works at the firm and rides the bus with me, is my little leprechaun. That's what I call him - Leprechaun. And, he calls me Pixie. For, obvious reasons. It was Steve's birthday today. I love birthdays (see previous blog regarding birthdays and how special they are in my family) and I love helping to make them special to other people. Cause, that's what it's all about isn't it? Anyway, the day started off with a bus ride with the birthday boy. Work was great, hectic, busy, productive, competitive...good day. I rode home earlier than usual - had several errands to run before a meeting at 6pm. I took the 4:15 bus. I sat next to the most adorable Italian gentleman. So adorable! He calls me Sarafina. He talks with his hands. He is in love with his wife. He loves life. He's owned a barber shop downtown for 38 years. Just a lovely man. He had me laughing the whole ride home. Stopped at home, let the dogs out, then headed to the Parkville Animal Shelter. One of their ongoing fundraisers is garbage bags. We all need garbage bags, right? Just so happens I drive 15 minutes and spend a lot more money on mine. Cindy and Becky were there. They had big hugs for me. I let it be known the minute I walked in that I would not be taking any more to add to my petting zoo so dont even try it. They laughed. Becky had pictures of Misha on her phone from years ago. Becky house-sat/dog sat for me when I went to a cheer competition in Knoxville. That was the weekend in August of 2006 that my air conditioning broke. Becky called me at the coach's dinner to tell me it was 96 degrees in my house and that she would be taking Tyler and Misha back to her house for the remainder of the weekend. God Bless Her. She already had 8 dogs at her house.

Parkville had 2 mastiffs dumped earlier this week. The pieces of shit who owned the mastiffs (female apprx. 100 lbs, male apprx. 165 lbs) used them for breeding then decided they were too expensive to feed. So, they dumped them at the Parkville Shelter. Makes one wonder what happened to the litter. Mastiffs aren't for inexperienced dog owners. Heck, I was intimidated by the male - and I dont get intimidated by Pitbulls! But he was WAY bigger than me.

I left the shelter, and went up to Zona Rosa where I had a meeting with NAWS. I'm on the committee preparing for a big fundraiser in April.

Then I went to Sarah's house to pick up Twilight (book #1 in the series). I've already read Twilight and New Moon but I'm going to the Twilight the movie Saturday with the girls and wanted to read it one more time. I dont want to buy it because I'm asking for the hardbound series for Christmas so...I borrowed it from Sarah.

Then I came home. Then I took a bath. Then Stella dropped her tennis ball in my bath water while looking at me pathetically like, "throw the ball. damnit"

I'm getting so excited for the holidays. So excited. I love this weather. Crisp, cool mornings. Walking outside sniffling as the cool air wakes ones senses.

I'm trying to judge less these days. It's really difficult. There are people in my life who are very selfish. There are people in my life who only care about themselves. I'm not saying people need to be a crazy animal/domestic violence/homeless shelter/environmentalist that is not what I am saying at all. But, what's the point in living if you can't experience helping make other people happy? What is the point in living if you only care about yourself and your immediate needs? I just dont get it. But, I am really trying not to judge. I'm not walking in anyone else's shoes (And I thank God for that) so I dont know what its like to be insecure, or not have any faith, or not have any passion or have been around people with different morals their whole life. It's just really difficult. But I am trying.

Keisha and Mike come in town Sunday with their litter of children. Or as I call them, the Family Circus. I haven't seen them since January 8th. It's been a long time. Very much overdue. We're all going to the Briarcliff Village Holiday Festival Sunday evening. I'm very much looking forward to it.

I think it's about time I re-read when Edward and Bella fell in love. One more time.

No comments: