Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dexter...Law & Order...United States of Tara...

Why is it that in movies and TV shows whenever someone waits in their car in the street, watching someone, the person being watched never knows they're being watched? This is especially odd because the person in the car is usually under a street lamp and within feet of the person being watched. Yet the one being watched is oblivious.

Why is it that when a couple has a conversation the woman puts her back to the man, like that really happens in real life? If anything, women invade the man's personal space when arguing. We certainly don't turn our backs and carry on an entire conversation.

Why do Benson and Stabler never hug? They hugged once, and that was when Stabler's wife nearly lost their newborn son in the car accident with Olivia. That was an awkward hug. Am I the only "hugger"? My husband is a hugger (I love that about him) my family are all huggers, my sister-in-law (brother's wife) my friends - everyone, we're all huggers. Yet this duo, Benson and Stabler, never hug although they spend 90+ hours a week together.

Why do I cheer for Dexter when he plays out his role as vigilante serial killer? I don't like Rita. Do I dislike Rita because she is annoying or because I have a slight crush on the vigilante serial killer?

Hmmm maybe that's why I don't like Kristin Stewart as Bella. I love Bella's character in the book, but not so much the actress. I fell madly in love with Edward Cullen during the books yet the eyes of Jacob as a werewolf grabbed me and wouldn't let go.

And WHY do conservatives feel legalizing gay marriage would impact the "sanctity of marriage"? How does a marriage over here impact a marriage over here? I just don't get it. Jesse James and Tiger Woods affects the sanctity of marriage.

No comments: