The weekend was fabulous, and the week (all 24 hours of it) have been wonderful so far. The latter part of my weekend consisted of boating with friends Saturday afternoon, hanging with Tommy, Bibi and Peanut Saturday night, laying by the pool Sunday with Lauren and her friend Candace...
Now we're into Tuesday and the first part of the week has been great! I had a date last night, which went very well. It was really good to see him; he has been gone for awhile on a family vacation and it was well worth the wait. I hope to see him again, soon.
So, a few stories from the weekend. Saturday morning I woke up, read the paper, cleaned, gave the dogs some love, and headed down to Lees Summit. I met up with everyone at Jessi and Chad's house and then we headed to Lakewood Lake. Or something like that, I keep forgetting what its called. But it was beautiful and supposedly Mike Sweeney owns a home on the lake and everything. We hung out on the pontoon boat all afternoon. Music, beers, cigarettes, music, good times! Then there was this one girl. We'll call her....WT. WT was pretty much the most socially retarded person I have ever hung out with. She flicked ashes on their leather seats, proceeded to ask Jessi to wait on her hand and foot (Jessi being the host) and made rude comments. At one point, as WT was laying in the water on Jessi's floaty, WT said "Hey you- light me a cigarette, will you? And hand me a beer, this one's warm." 1) "Hey you" was Jessi. The host. The person who's boat WT WAS ON for the day. 2) WT didn't buy anything for the day - Jessi bought everything; including all the beer. So, is that really acceptable to discard one because its warm when you didn't even contribute? 3) I just wanted a number 3.
At one point we were all sitting in the boat, looking for a cove to go to, and WT turned to me (in front of everyone) and exclaimed, "RED BULL!?!? WTF???" Thank goodness I had my sunglasses on so she couldn't see the daggers I was shooting her way. Another girl, said "uh, WT, she doesnt drink" (First of all, is it THAT FUCKING ODD to not have a beer in my hand at 11:00am on a Saturday? I mean, granted it is drinking time somewhere but c'mon it isn't that odd!)
WT: "you dont drink??? WHY?!?"
Me: "I drank for 10 years, got it out of my system, no biggie."
WT: "I've drank for 10 years too, should I quit drinking???"
Me: "Well, if this is how you act when you DO drink maybe you should consider it!"
At that point I realized it was really a good thing I HAD quit drinking otherwise I would've had to kick her ass, and by that I mean I would've wrestled with her but since she was twice my size she would've put one boob on me and suffocated me. Either that, or I may have slipped on the make-up that was caked onto her leathery skin and hit my head on the side of the boat and since silicon floats she wouldn't have been able to drown with me.
Wow, what a judger I am today!
So, that was Saturday. Saturday evening I called Tommy around 6:45. I was supposed to go to a party that night, and I could've gone to Power & Light with Lauren and her friends, but I really wanted to relax at home. I called Tommy and he invited me down to have dinner with them. Of course, since I had already driven to Lees Summit that day I couldn't afford to drive to Raytown without second-mortgaging my home. So, I whined and pouted a little and next thing I know, they're bringing Peanut AND dinner up to me! It was perfect. We just chillaxed until 10:30 or so then I went to bed. Oh wait - We ALSO did my budget. I am so excited to start this. It's not like I am in dire straights or anything, especially considering we're near an economic depression or, are we technically IN an economic depression? Recession, depression, whatever it is scary regardless. I have a strict budget until October which is when I just basically start working toward my savings. I'm excited!
Sunday morning I went to the grocery store. I 'budgeted' what I would allow myself to spend and stuck to it. Yay! Lauren and Candace came home around noon; they'd already begun their Sunday morning with bloody marys! We went to a pool for the afternoon it was a BEAUTIFUL pool. So gorgeous. We all got quite a bit of sun!
I am looking forward to my family vacation which is this next week. My sister flies in Saturday morning - I think we're going boating with friends again. We leave Sunday morning for the Ozarks. Everyone is staying until the following Saturday. I have opted to come back Thursday night (although this isn't yet set in stone) due to the fact I am not comfortable taking an entire week off of work at this point. And...I don't want to leave Lauren with the dogs for more than 5 nights which, I think 5 is a lot anyway. We'll see. I am still contemplating. The girls at work think I would be crazy to come in and work Friday. But, I see it as an opportunity to come in for a totally relaxed Friday, catch up on emails, put out any fires, and enjoy Saturday and Sunday!
Thanks for reading.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
stupid people suck. and stupid people breed little stupid people.
Post a Comment