Yes ya'll, Amy McGillicuddy is my sister. SEESTER. She is pretty much awesome. She called me today to tell me she and Alix took the little pitbull puppy next door for a walk. Amy makes sure he - Troy - or Wilbur, as she now to tragically is refering to the poor lil guy, anyway she makes sure he is being taken care of properly. Take away the fact that he lives his entire life outside chained up, his only shelter a beat-up El Camino. His only food the food Amy gives him, his only water, the water she puts in his bowl and his only attention, the attention Amy, Alix or Savannah give him. But, regardless, it's pretty fucking cool that she is taking him under her wing.
But, Amy is cool for other reasons too. She and I fought pretty badly growing up. Yes, I know most sisters fight growing up but our fighting was more severe, more biting. Regardless, I feel that history has only made us the friends we are today and I thank God for her. She is tough and independent yet easily breaks. She is street-wise yet innocently naive. She tries to be the peace-maker amongst friends and family yet is only human and likes to indulge in a good dramatic gossip session.
She lives in Atlanta and since becoming my best friend in the past 5 years I think it would just kick ass if she would move her big booty to Kansas City. However there is this little thing called a jobby-job...which, she would most likely need to move to KC. I fully support her becoming a world-famous Barista (ulterior motive being free chai tea) but she thinks just because she spent a kazillion dollars on her advanced education, that she needs to do something more "noteworthy". I say, Whatev. WHAT-EV.
She cries when she thinks she has hurt someones feelings and she can say "I'm sorry" without flinching. She likes me better sober and doesn't think I'm crazy for having three dogs. She gets really sad when she thinks about Savannah getting older and she gets really excited when thinking about the beautiful old home she will buy here in KC.
Okay, well I'm at work and this is mushy enough so thanks for reading:)
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment